Head to England’s first natural UNESCO World Heritage Site
Offering visitors miles of unspoilt country landscapes and some of the UK’s best coastline, Dorset provides the best of both worlds for those lucky enough to escape to the south coast. Whether you’re feeling adventurous and want to explore the region from the sea, prefer to unwind in the surrounding beauty, or in search of some history and culture, there’s something for everyone to enjoy, helping honeymooners kick-start married life in style.
Here are just 10 reasons why Dorset is the ideal honeymoon destination for newlyweds:
- As England’s first natural UNESCO World Heritage Site, Dorset’s Jurassic Coast provides stunning views and plenty of opportunities to discover fossils from centuries ago.
- With the world’s best collection of tanks and explosive live displays, The Tank Museum brings history to life.
- Boasting award-winning beaches, you can make the most of Bournemouth’s micro-climate, with the warmest sea in the UK.
- Discover the cheeky antics of primates from across the world with a trip to Monkey World.
- Set in 26 acres of beautiful gardens, Sculpture by the Lakes is a must see when in the region providing stunning sculptures and backdrops to explore.
- As one of Britain’s most iconic survivors of the English Civil War, you can visit the National Trust’s Corfe Castle and discover a piece of the region’s history.
- Discover the abundance of wildlife at two top-class nature reserves set in the centre of town at the Weymouth Wetlands.
- With many of the activities available on water, you can see the region from another angle - whether you’re an adrenaline junkie looking for a speed boat ride along the coast, or prefer to try your hand at coasteering.
- From clifftops to tranquil country lanes and woodland trails, there’s a whole host of walks to experience across the region.
- With so many properties featured in its Romantic Collection, honeymooners will be spoilt for choice when booking with cottages.com!
For more information and to book the perfect honeymoon, visit www.cottages.com or call 0345 498 6900.
Tagged in Honeymoon