Head to Scotland for the perfect honeymoon.
With an array of beautiful lochs and National Parks, Scotland provides the ideal UK destination for newlyweds to celebrate the start of wedded bliss.
It’s so popular in fact, that the UK’s largest holiday cottage company, cottages.com has reported an increase of up to 52%* on bookings to certain locations in the country this summer alone. From the Outer Hebrides to Edinburgh, there are destinations to suit everyone – giving you no reason not to visit stunning Scotland on your honeymoon.
Here are ten reasons why Scotland is the ideal honeymoon destination.
- If you’re in search for stunning scenery, there’s very few places that offer the beauty that Scotland does. With rolling hills and lochs galore, you’ll be blown away by the scenery around (almost!) every corner.
- Home to The Trossachs, one of the most unspoilt areas in Scotland, you’ll find numerous wildlife from red squirrels to otters.
- With castles to discover, such as Balmoral and Edinburgh Castle, Scotland provides the ideal cultural escape. If it’s good enough for royalty, it’s good enough for us!
- As the home to haggis and whiskey, indulging in some of the best Scottish delicacies will help make your honeymoon even more memorable.
- If you’re a fan of golf, there’s no better place to hit the fairways and enjoy some of the World’s most iconic courses.
- A popular hotspot for walkers and photographers, a trip to the stunning Skye Fairy Pools will leave you speechless. There’s no place more magical to begin married life.
- If you’re in search for a romantic activity, you can take a trip on the Loch Lomond seaplanes, allowing you to discover the beauty of Scotland from above.
- With major cities such as Edinburgh and Glasgow, there are plenty of activities for you to get involved with. Whether you’re looking to do a bit of shopping or escape to Edinburgh’s Royal Botanic Garden, you’re spoilt for choice on things to do.
- Explore the myths and legends – from the Loch Ness Monster to the ghost of Edinburgh castle, you can discover them for yourselves.
- With numerous properties featured within its Romantic Collection, newlyweds will find it hard to decide just where to stay with cottages.com!
For more information and to book the perfect honeymoon, visit www.cottages.com or call 0345 498 6900.