Jamie Lee Curtis and Christopher Guest celebrate their 33rd wedding anniversary today, so here are some things you might not know about the couple.
1. Curtis married fellow actor Guest on 18th December 1984 at the home of their mutual friend Rob Reiner.
2. She became Lady Haden-Guest of Saling in the County of Essex when her husband inherited the Barony of Haden Guest in 1996 after his father died.
3. Curtis reportedly fell in love with Guest when she saw a picture of him in Rolling Stone as part of the promotion for the movie This Is Spinal Tap.
4. She apparently said to her friend " Oh, I'm going to marry that guy" before giving her number to Guest's agent and she married him five months later. (Wikipedia)
5. The couple have adopted two children together- Annie (1986) and Thomas (1996).
6. The pair are pretty tight lipped about their relationship; when Guest was asked about it- he said; ' No. I don't talk about the family. This is kind of an on-going thing that gets, honestly, to be kind of tiresome, only because, you know, you meet people in Boston and they say, 'Boy, what's it like to wake up with Jamie Lee Curtis ?' Well, you know what? We've been married for 12 years, and we have kids, and it's not like we're living some bizarre life here. We go home and we wear sweatpants and the baby takes a dump and we change the diaper. I don't mean to put you off here, but I just tend not to talk about it.'
Happy Wedding Anniversary Jamie Lee and Christopher!
Source: IMDB and Wikipedia
Tagged in Jamie Lee Curtis