Kelis and Nas would have celebrated their 13th wedding anniversary today- had they stayed together- so we reflect on their time together as husband and wife with some things you might not know about the former couple.
1. Singer Kelis met Nasir Jones at the MTV Video Music Awards party in 2002.
2. They dated for a year before they got engaged on Christmas Eve 2004 and then married a year later.
3. Kelis wore a green design wedding dress made by Matthew Williamson.
4. She recalled; ‘I had always been a fan of Nas, but I never met him. This is the one guy in the industry who's like the phantom rapper.’ (IMDB)
5. In April 2009, when she was 7 months pregnant, she filed for divorce, citing irreconcilabe differences.
6. On 22nd July 2009, Kelis gave birth to her son- Knight and Nas announced it in an online video.
7. In the same month, a judge allegedly ordered Nas to pay Kelis $55,000 in spousal support every month.
8. The couple’s divorce was finalised in May 2010.
Source: Wikipedia and IMDB.