Mads Mikkelsen and Hanne Jacobsen celebrate their 17th wedding anniversary today, so we reflect on their time as husband and wife with a few things you might not know about the couple.
1. Actor Mikkelsen married choreographer Jacobson on 2nd December 2000.
2. The pair began dating back in 1987 before tying the knot 13 years later.
3. When he was asked how they met by www.nytimes.com, he revealed: 'I met her when I was dressed up like a woman in “La Cage aux Folles.” There must be some Freudian stuff happening there. I was a Chinese girl, and I think I was quite good. I have women’s legs.'
4. They have two children- a daughter- Viola (1992) and a son- Carl (1997).
5. The couple lived in Copenhagen but moved to Toronto in 2012 when the filming began for Hannibal.
6. Several polls in women's magazines have called him- 'the sexiest man in Denmark', which he reportedly still uses today; 'I can still pull it out from the drawer and say: “Honey, do you realize who you’re married to? The sexiest man 14 years ago.”'
To which she replied, “Well, you’re married to the most hot girl in the world.” (www.nytimes.com)
Happy Wedding Anniversary Mads and Hanne!
Source: Wikipedia and IMDB.