A supermarket customer made a horrifying discovery when he spotted "the world's most venomous spider" inside a bunch of bananas.



Adam Shepherd was browsing in a Tesco store in Eastbourne when he picked up the fruit and noticed the creature's leg "coming out" of it.

It is thought that the insect trapped inside one of the bananas was the deadly Brazilian Wandering Spider, which are known to bite people more than any other spiders.

Those who are bitten by the creatures must seek emergency treatment immediately as their venom can be deadly, although Shepherd was relaxed about his discovery.

He told The Argus newspaper: "I wasn't really that shocked as I used to work in produce for Tesco and I've seen it quite a few times.

"No idea what kind it was but it was definitely a brown colour. You can just about see its leg coming out."