Kim Nash is Head of Publicity for Bookouture, now an author in her own right, part of a book club, sets up book events and has her own book blog.
Her third book Sunshine and Second Chances is set in a gorgeous villa in The Algarve where readers can enjoy the stunning beaches, picturesque fishing towns and glorious climate, which Kim thinks is perfect for readers at the moment when holidays seem to be distant memories.
In Sunshine and Second Chances, four life-long friends are turning fifty, and Liv is determined they will honour their promise to each other – made on a beach at sunrise twenty-nine years before – to celebrate this milestone together.
It begins as a reunion in the sunshine, but little do the four friends know what life-changing decisions they’ll all be making before their flight home.
Picking up on where her book is set, Kim tells us 7 things she loves about The Algarve.
- From Birmingham airport, which is the nearest to me, Faro airport is less than a 3 hour flight. By the time you’ve taken off, read your book for a bit, had a cuppa or a G&T, had some nibbles, you’re down on the tarmac again.
- Despite being on the Atlantic coast, which means that the sea isn’t always the warmest, the Algarve has a magnificent climate that boasts mild winters and long, hot summers. I’ve been before in December and have been wearing just a sundress.
- Delicious freshly caught seafood is never far away in the many restaurants you can dine at. Sea bass and sardines, are very popular as is a traditional dish called Cataplana which is usually a fish stew, but can also be made with meat! The dish is served in a clam-shaped copper cooking pot which is called a Cataplana.
- There are so many lovely towns and villages to enjoy visiting – Albufeira, Vilamoura, Lagos, Alvor, Praia de Luz, Burgau, Portimao – the list is endless. Some of my favourite places in the world are situated in The Algarve.
- Pastel de Nata are the most amazing sweet custard filled open pastries with a caramilised sugar topping and you can get them at nearly every coffee shop and supermarket ! Yum!
- There is so much to see and do. Scenery at The Algarve is absolutely stunning. From hidden caves to rugged headland, from chapels to ancient castles, from gorgeous walks, to adrenaline filled water sports, and don’t forget the many golf courses, there’s something for everyone, both adults and children alike.
- For those who just want to chill out, you can choose between glorious long gold streches or secluded sandy coves. Watch out for that sea though, there’s quite a current in some places.
Sunshine and Second Chances by Kim Nash
A heart-warming, feel-good summer read about friendship, love and second chances.
Amazon UK : http://buff.ly/3eNwiJw
Amazon US: http://buff.ly/2TVbOpV