Amber Heard will receive a divorce settlement of $7 million.
The 'Magic Mike XXL' actress reached an agreement with her estranged husband Johnny Depp on Tuesday (16.08.16), a day before their divorce and domestic violence case was due to go to trial, and plans to donate a portion of the money to charity.
The former couple said in a joint statement: "Our relationship was intensely passionate and at times volatile, but always bound by love. Neither party has made false accusations for financial gain. There was never any intent of physical or emotional harm. Amber wishes the best for Johnny in the future. Amber will be donating financial proceeds from the divorce to a charity."
Amber had initially accused Johnny of domestic assault after they split in May and had been granted a restraining order following their split, but she is said to have now filed court papers to dismiss her domestic violence case against the 53-year-old actor.
The pair were said to be happy to have resolved their dispute before a public trial.
A source told E! News: "Amber was happy to settle because she wanted everything to be over. It's taken a toll on her, her family and her friends in a very emotional way.
"Johnny did not want to go to trial. Since Amber filed the restraining order, Johnny had hoped things would settle."
Despite seeking to have her domestic violence case dismissed, the 30-year-old actress had previously alleged the 'Mortdecai' star threw a phone at her during an argument and insisted there were other instances where he had been violent towards her, and insiders claim she has been "deeply affected" by their volatile marriage.
The source added: "Initially, being the stubborn people they are, they both didn't want to give in to each other's requests. For a long time, Amber lived with a lot of hurt and had been deeply affected by Johnny's behaviour, but chose not to say anything. Whenever something would happen, he'd apologise, and they'd move on. Johnny never wanted the world to know any of this."