Lindsay Lohan broke down "several times" as she detailed her violent relationship with her former fiancé.

Lindsay Lohan

Lindsay Lohan

The 30-year-old actress has accused Russian heir Egor Tarabasov, 23, of hitting her after footage emerged of them in a violent altercation on a beach on Mykonos and Katie Nicholl, who interviewed Lindsay for the Mail on Sunday, revealed that the star is distraught over recent events.

Speaking on 'Good Morning Britain', Katie said: "She was incredibly generous with her time. Very frank, very honest and very candid. She broke down several times during the interview.

"In the interview she alleges that he has attacked her on more than one occasion. This particular row in Mykonos was over a mobile phone. Those images of him literally tugging her arm behind her back, they're violent images."

Katie also revealed that a reconciliation has not been ruled out, although it is unlikely.

She said: "He comes from a wealthy Russian family. He's seven years her junior. She really thought they were suited.

"I think with Lindsay never say never, but because he hasn't tried to make things right, I don't know if there is any coming back from that."

The dramatic scuffle in Greece, which was caught on camera, occurred following an argument in a black 4x4, during which Lindsay hurled Egor's phone out of the window.

The flame-haired actress was reluctant to go into detail about the incident but suggested Egor's judgement was clouded by alcohol.

She told the Mail on Sunday: "Egor drank too much and he went crazy."

The duo had another fight on the balcony of the flat they shared in Knightsbridge, London, which was also caught on camera.

During that incident, Lindsay accused Egor of assaulting her, shouting: "Please, please. He just strangled me. He almost killed me."

The police were subsequently called to the scene but no-one was charged.

Reflecting on the balcony incident, Lindsay said: "Egor and I had been out for dinner. We danced, it was fun.

"When we got home I went to bed and Egor went out. A few hours later he came back and when I woke up he was standing over me. He wasn't himself, he was being very aggressive and he attacked me."

Tagged in