Aside from in-jokes with friends and family – here are the things that make me laugh he most.
- Animals falling over is funny because they pretend it didn’t happen. And the concept of a dog with pride is rich, especially when it eats its own poop.
- My friend joined the Labour Party to meet men, and then became a lesbian. I think that’s funny because she’s still campaigning for them (the Labour Party not men). I mean I like the Labour Party but she’s an idiot.
- People singing with their eyes closed is pretty funny
- So is Modern Family (the TV show) and Parks and Rec (another TV show of course. I probably shouldn’t just list TV shows - you probably are aware of television. But it’s going great for television at the moment.
- Butt stuff is usually a bit of a hoot.
- Mistakes can be funny. I drove a car into a bollard and it was pretty amusing because it was WHILE I was showing off that I was a really good driver. What is not amusing is I’m still waiting for the insurance money.
- Inappropriate nudity is funny. Not too inappropriate. Flashers aren’t funny and I’ll go on record to say that.
- Academics who take themselves really seriously sometimes make me laugh. But sometimes they make me sad.
- My step dad had some denim cut offs. Some light blue denim shorts which he had cut down from a pair of jeans. They were a little on the short side to say the least. And every time I think of that big old bruiser of a man in a pair of shorty shorts it makes me laugh.
- Nitrous oxide
Lou Sanders is performing Shame Pig at the Monkey Barrel Comedy Club from 2nd August –26th August, 12:30, www.monkeybarrelcomedy.com