Christmas is over. The New Year celebrations have passed us by once more. It's the start of a brand new decade as well as a brand new year, and with 2020 will of course come the promise of sticking to a whole bunch of different New Year's resolutions. Whether you're going on a fitness kick; promising to spend more time with family and friends; or you're trying out something completely new to usher in 2020, sticking to those resolutions is always harder than it first seems.
Former Geordie Shore star and Queen of the I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! jungle, Vicky Pattison, knows just how much we can all struggle with staying true to our New Year's resolution - especially when it involves cutting down on food and drink right after the party season!
Here, she gives her top five tips on ensuring you do your best in 2020 to follow through on that promise you made to yourself on January 1st...
- I have a sweet tooth, so I keep a Hartley’s 10 Cal Jelly Pot in my handbag and snack on that when I feel tempted.
- Keep it fun! Looking after yourself shouldn’t feel like a chore; the more we try and enjoy things and keep positive the better the results will be.
- Exercise is key! It doesn’t have to be hard. I squeeze in a set of sit ups; triceps dips and leg raises on the sofa whilst I am watching TV. Just a few a day really makes a difference.
- Make sure you treat yourself and don’t try and do crash diets - they don’t work! It is a lifestyle change, not a race. Take the time you need to lose the weight safely.
- Eat little and often, stave off the hunger as this is when you can slip up and get hangry and you're likely to binge on bad foods!
Of course, not everybody's going to be the same, so when working through those New Year's resolutions, it's good to be a bit experimental at times! Try out different options and see what works for you and, even if you do fall off the wagon a few times, it's not the end of the world. Do your best, keep your head held high and soldier on. You've got this!
Vicky Pattison continues to partner with Hartley's 10 Cal, dedicated to bringing joy this January - check out the @10CalJelly Instagram feed for more details. At only 10 calories, it's the perfect pudding!
Tagged in Vicky Pattison