Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- 4 slices of wafer-thin ham
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 1 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200fan/gas mark 6. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and place the mushrooms on top. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the pre-heated oven for ten minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven and drain off any excess liquid. Line each mushroom base with a slice of ham, then crack an egg on top. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for seven minutes, or until the white is just set and the yolk is still runny.
- Serve with the parsley sprinkled on top.
British Lion Eggs is kick-starting this year's British Egg Week (10th - 17th October) with the launch of the #PutanEggonit campaign, which aims to encourage more adventurous ways of eating eggs. https://www.egginfo.co.uk/british-lion-eggs
Tagged in Recipe