Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 15mins
- 3 packs of Tilda® Pulses & Rice - Black Bean Jerk & Coconut
- 2 aubergines
- Salt and pepper
- 200g sweet potatoes cut in small dices
- 1 mango diced
- ¼ red onion diced
- 1 lime juice
- 1tsp of ginger chopped finely
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp flat parsley cut finely
- 8 tbsp. coconut milk
- 2 tsp. Desiccated coconut
- With a sharp knife, cut off a little of each end of the aubergines, then cut six equal slices lengthways. Sprinkle with salt. Press down and leave for 5 minutes.
- Grill on a cast iron pan or barbeque on both sides
- Boil the sweet potatoes for a 5 minutes until tender, drain
- In a bowl, mix gently the mango, red onion, lime, ginger, olive oil and parsley. Season to taste
- Heat the Caribbean Tilda® Pulse & Rice- Black Bean Jerk & Coconut, coconut milk and sweet potato, by bringing to the boil then lowering the heat to simmer for 2 minutes to reduce and thicken the mixture
- Place 2 spoonfulls of mixture onto one end of the aubergine slice and roll up
- Once all rolls are complete, place onto a serving plate and sprinkle with desiccated coconut
- Serve the salsa as a side.
Recipe created by Michelin starred chef Bruno Loubet courtesy of Tilda® Pulses & Rice.
Tagged in Recipe