Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: about 30 minutes
For the wedges:
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into thick wedges
4 sweetcorn cobettes or 2 whole sweetcorn, halved
15 g butter
For the chicken:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 rashers smoked back bacon rasher
250 ml bottle Newman's Own Original Sticky BBQ Sauce
100 g grated mature Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Mix together the oil, paprika and seasoning in a large bowl and add the potato wedges and turn to coat in the spice. Place a large sheet of foil on the worktop, add the sweetcorn. Place a little knob of butter on each and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Fold over the edges of the foil and seal to make a parcel.
- Place the potatoes on a large baking tray and sit the sweetcorn on the edge of the tray. Wrap each piece of chicken in 2 rashers bacon. Pour the sauce into the bottom of an ovenproof dish and place the chicken on top.
- Place the wedges and sweetcorn on the top shelf of the oven and the chicken on the middle shelf and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the potatoes, turn and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and sprinkle over the cheese. Place on the top shelf of the oven and move the wedges and sweetcorn to the middle shelf.
6. Cook for a further 5-7 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and wedges cooked.
Serve the chicken with the sauce, potato wedges and corn.
Tagged in Recipe