by Joan Ransley
Oats and oat bran are really good ingredients to use in cooking. Oat bran in particular is very good for people with a sensitive gut because it is digested easily.
- 140g rolled oats
- 140g oat bran
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 140g unsalted butter
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C / Gas mark 6. Mix the oats, oat bran, soft brown sugar, coconut, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds together in a large bowl. Melt the butter gently in a saucepan and mix in the dry ingredients.
- Tip into a baking tin 2.5cm deep. Press down and smooth out with the back of a metal spoon.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the flapjack begins to turn golden brown at the edges.
- Cut into squares as soon as you remove the flapjack from the oven and leave to cool before removing from the tin.
Tip: These flapjacks are great as a snack to take with you to eat either as a late breakfast with some fruit or an afternoon snack with a cup of tea. Just wrap them in some paper and take them with you.
Gut Week 2016 takes place 29 August - 04 September. Visit www.loveyourgut.com
Tagged in Recipe