This sumptuous alternative to a hamburger is sure to become a family favourite; quick and simple to prepare and lots of fun to eat.
- 1x 2 pack Mash Direct Potato Cakes with Bacon (cooked as per BBQ instructions)
- x2 Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 ball Mozzarella
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
For the Tomato Relish:
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 200g tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- First make the Tomato Relish by heating the Olive Oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and then add the onion. Fry for 4 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and the white wine vinegar and simmer for around 8 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Season to taste and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meantime, place the mushrooms with the stalk side facing up onto an oven tray, drizzle with Olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for roughly 10 minutes or until the mushroom has begun to soften.
- Slice the mozzarella ball into thick slices and place equal quantities into the cavity of the mushroom and replace into the oven for a further 6 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Place the mushroom and cheese onto a warmed plate.
- Place on the Mash Direct Potato Cake with Bacon and top with the Tomato Relish.
Recipe courtesy of Mash Direct.
Tagged in Recipe