- 24 large raw shell on prawns
- 4 tbsb olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 4 chorizo sausages or black pudding cut into thick slices
- Squirt of maple syrup
- Lime wedges
- Soak 12 bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes or use metal skewers.
- Combine the olive oil, lime juice and zest, garlic, and dried chilli flakes in a bowl. Add the prawns, toss to coat, cover and marinate in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Squirt the maple syrup into a shallow bowl, add the chorizo and toss to coat.
- Thread the prawns and chorizo on to the skewers. Allow 3 prawns and 2chunks of chorizo per person. Finish with a wedge o lime.
- When the barbecue has reached medium heat grill the skewers for 3 minutes on each side until the prawns are pink and the chorizo is sizzling. Alternatively grill for 3 minutes or so on each side.
- Remove from the barbecue and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Serve with a sweet chilli dip.
Recipe courtesy of Clarks maple syrup.
Tagged in Recipe