- 175g (6oz) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 75g (3oz) butter
- 25g (1oz) caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp almond extract
For the filling:
- 175g (6oz) Bonne Maman Raspberry Conserve
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 150g (5oz) mascarpone cheese
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 50g (2oz) ground almonds
- 25g (1oz) flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, to dust
- 1 x 200 ml tub crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven to 200°c (fan oven 180°c), gas mark 6.
- To make the pastry, put the flour, butter caster sugar and egg yolk into a food processor or blender and pulse until it reaches the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Place 3 tablespoons of water in a cup and stir in the almond extract. With the motor running, add enough water, a little at a time, until the mixture just begins to form a dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and line 4 x 12 cm (5 inch) ceramic flan dishes. Prick the pastry all over with a fork and refrigerate until needed.
- Bake the pastry cases blind in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, until cooked and golden brown.
- To assemble the tarts, spread the conserve over the base of the pastry cases. Separate the eggs and mix together the egg yolks, mascarpone, sugar and ground almonds.
- Whisk the whites in a clean, dry bowl to stiff peaks and fold into mascarpone mixture. Pour this over the raspberry bases and top with the flaked almonds.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°c (fan oven 160°c), gas mark 4 and bake the tarts for about 15-25 minutes.
- The tarts are cooked when the tops have risen a little and the mixture is set and golden. Lightly dust with icing sugar and serve warm or cold with a dollop of crème fraîche.
Recipe taken from Bonne Maman The Seasonal Cookbook, please credit www.bonnemaman.co.uk - images property of Bonne Maman.
Tagged in Recipe