- 2 racks of British pork spare ribs
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 litre Cola
For the Marinade:
- 125g hoisin sauce
- 75g tomato puree
- 35g tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Clarks Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 pinches of chilli powder
- French parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven 160c/gas mark 4
- Place the ribs, star anise and cinnamon in a large roasting tin. Pour in enough cola to cover the ribs.
- Cover with foil and roast for 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Placethe marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well..
- Remove the ribs form the oven, drain and cool.
- Brush the ribs liberally with the sticky marinade, cover and place in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Cook on medium hot coals, turning and basting regularly until the ribs are dark and sticky (alternatively cook under a medium hot grill).
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Clarks maple syrup.
Tagged in Recipe