For the scones:
- 225g self-raising flour, extra for dusting
- 1tsp baking powder
- 25g Yeo Valley Butter, slightly softened, plus extra for greasing
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Yeo Valley Limited Edition Strawberry Cream Tea Yogurt
- 100ml Yeo Valley milk
For the filling:
- 5-6 tbsp Yeo Valley Summer Fruit Compote
- 5-6 tbsp Yeo Valley Limited Edition Strawberry Cream Tea Yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 220'C/200'c fan/gas 7. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add the butter and rub it in until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar, Strawberry Cream Tea Yogurt and enough milk to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and gently roll out to a thickness of 2½ cm. Using a 6-7cm diameter round cutter, cut out 6 scones and put them onto a greased baking tray.
- Brush the tops with a little milk and bake in the preheated oven for around 10 minutes, or until risen and golden brown (once cooked, they should sound hollow when tapped on the base).
- Cool the scones on a wire rack. Once cold, cut them in half and sandwich together with a blob each of Yeo Valley Summer fruit Compote and Strawberry Cream Tea Yogurt.
Yeo Valley has created the perfect summer scone recipe using its limited edition Strawberry Cream Tea yogurt.
Tagged in Recipe