Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 minutes
Marinating Time: 30 minutes+
- 36 raw king prawns
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Heinz Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Finely grated zest and juice of half a lime
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 large/12 small bamboo skewers, pre-soaked in cold water for at least 20 mins or fine metal skewers
- Peel the prawns leaving the last tail section in place. Devein by making a shallow cut along the curved back of each one and lift out the dark vein.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a large non-metallic bowl. Stir the prawns into the mixture, cover with clingfilm and leave them to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (ideally a couple hours).
- Thread prawns onto each pre-soaked skewer.
- Barbecue the prawns over medium hot coals for 3-4 minutes, turning them occasionally, until they have become firm and opaque.
- Serve with salad or rice and extra Heinz Chilli Sauce on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Heinz.
Tagged in Recipe