Urine Tract Infection (UTI)
A Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) is one of the most common infections bugging women (women more vulnerable to UTI than men( yes another thing). If you are experiencing the symptoms listed below, you must have a UTI.
- Painful urination (it is burning when you pee),
- frequent trips to the bathroom, and a feeling of urgency.
Other UTI symptoms may include
- lower abdominal or pelvic pain and pressure,
- blood in the urine, milky, cloudy, or pink/red urine,
- Strong smelling urine. If you experience any of these symptoms, contact your doctor First.
So now you know what it is and you are welcome😊, but let's see why do you get it.
The culprit of all this drama is a dum bacteria!! Escherichia coli bacteria: This bacteria lives her life typically in the backyard (I mean in the rectum and colon area). But because she apparently likes to try new spots, she travels into your urethra ( the tube that carries urine from your bladder out of your body) and settles down into your bladder (Organ which retains urine), and because she knows that its too boring to be alone she multiplies and has now a big party going on in your Urinary system!
Ok, this is the time when you have to be an adult and take your responsibilities! The two most common causes for getting a UTI are improper wiping and sexual intercourse. Women are more prone to UTIs because they have shorter urethras. That also is the reason why your mummy always told you to wipe from the front to the back! DAAH🤦
But you can also get one if you:
- have had one before
- have diabetes
- are obese
- use spermicides or a diaphragm
- have kidney stones or other obstructions in your urinary tract
- hormonal disorder
Most people aren’t able to pinpoint the exact cause of their UTI because so many things can lead to it.
Treatment of UTIs depends on the cause. Your doctor will be able to determine which organism is causing the infection from the test results used to confirm the diagnosis.
In most cases, the cause is bacteria. UTIs caused by bacteria are treated with antibiotics.
Ok, now I will share my personal experience (you can read more about me on my blog:nadiach.com. During a period of my life, I got several UTI, and I was so frustrated cause I was following all the rules and having a plenty of different tests but nothing seemed to work. I was so tired of taking Antibiotics and damaging my natural inner systemð, I felt helpless. So I read a lot on the internet and searched about UTI and all around this (my husband call me a google doctor lol) anyway, I discovered a treatment called D-Mannose. This treatment is used in many cases and the results are quite impressive.
The D-Mannose is a type of sugar that's related to the better-know sugar, you can find it in several fruits and vegetables including:
- cranberries (and cranberry juice)
- green beans
E. coli bacteria cause 90 percent of UTIs. Once these bacteria enter the urinary tract, they latch on to cells, grow, and cause infection. Researchers think that D-mannose works for a UTI by preventing these bacteria from latching on.
You can read more about D-mannose and the different research done here:ttps://www.healthline.com/health/d-mannose-for-uti#research
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Reduce your intake of alcohol, tea, and coffee as these can all irritate the bladder
- Place a hot water bottle, wrapped in a towel, between the legs. This makes the skin around the urethral become warmer than the urine and can bring relief when urinating
- Take mild painkillers for pain relief
- Avoid eating any foods that can irritate the bladder while the infection is present, including foods with high acid content and amino acids
- Drink cranberry juice every day
- Urinate as soon as you feel the need
- Don’t use douches, feminine hygiene sprays, or powders
- Take showers instead of baths
- Wear cotton underwear (and change daily) and loose-fitting clothes
- Wear sanitary pads instead of tampons
- Stop using a diaphragm or spermicide and change to an alternate form of birth control
- Use non-spermicidal lubricated condoms instead of unlubricated or spermicidal lubricated condoms
I really hope that it was helpful and if it can make you chill out, men can also have one😜.
I make no warranties or representations regarding the completeness or accuracy of the information. This information should be used only as a guide and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional medical or other health professional advice.