Technology is a part of our everyday life, but have you ever thought how it will change how we sleep?
A new study released by The Sleep Council found that there are five features in the bedroom that people would like to become a reality.
These are as follows:
- Self-cleaning / bacteria resistant materials i.e. mattresses with self-sterilization systems
- Heat/humidity adaptive materials i.e. mattresses that heat/cool in response to conditions
- Smart Bed monitoring your vital statistics as you sleep i.e a bed that can warn you if you have an infection, an oncoming cold or if you are about to have a heart attack etc.
- Seasonally adaptive lighting i.e. lights that turn on during the darker winter months to help you wake up in the morning
- Energy-harvesting flooring and fixtures i.e. carpet that attracts the light and transfer this to useable energy
The study also triggered some more creative, optimistic and in some cases unusual responses as well, including: “A hologram of Mr Darcy to read to me”, “ambient Sounds; fall asleep to rainfall or wake to birdsong”, “in the future (when arthritis hits) a bed that raises me to standing position on awakening” and “a personally adapted supportive mattress that will ensure the body wakes up without aches and pains!”.
So are these are the bedrooms of the future? What would you like to see in yours?