The party season is in fully swing with Christmas just round the corner. But have you already blown all of your money in the sales this year? Or perhaps you've already had an indulgent few weeks and are starting to feel the strain? Here are some top tips from SellMyMobile.com on how to quickly make money so you can enjoy the festive season without cutting back.
- Appy money: There are plenty of new apps out there which help you make money on the go. Some of these set you location based tasks (from checking if a business is still in operation, to checking street signs, stock levels and much more) and then send that insight back to businesses. If this sounds like something that you're interested in, it's worth checking out apps like Streetspotr, BeMyEye and Roamler to see if they are available in your local area.
- Clear out your wardrobe: Is your wardrobe packed to the rim but you still feel like you've got nothing to wear? If your room full of old jewellery that you no longer need? Sites like Preloved help you sell clothing and jewellery, and they don't charge any listing or selling fees. Sometimes it helps to have a clear out so you can make way for new clothes, so why don't you declutter and make some cash for a new 2016 wardrobe?
- Sell your old phone: Have you ever wondered what happened to your beloved first phone? Our guess is it's currently sitting in a drawer at home, gathering dust. Or have you recently bought a new phone in the Black Friday sales, like 11% of Brits have done in the past, and don't know what to do with your old one? One of the fastest ways to make money is to recycle your old phone. The average consumer gets £126 for an old device - that's not bad! Money can be redeemed as cash, cheque, same day bank transfer or vouchers depending on which site you recycle with. Check out sites like SellMyMobile.com to compare the deals and make sure you get the most for your old phone, so you get the money in time for Christmas.
- Get a lodger: Do you have a spare room? Pop it on sites like AirB&B and you can start making money straight away, with lodgers staying for just a night or weeks. If you're going to be away this Christmas, why not rent out your own home during that time? If you're worried about leaving someone else in your home, all guests receive reviews so you can ensure that the person who stays has a good track record of things like cleanliness and reliability.
- Get paid to shop…online: Fancy making cash while shopping online? Make sure you visit sites like Quidco and Topcashback before buying as they will give you cash back on many of your usual purchases. You'll be surprised by the great deals and cash-in-hand incentives on offer.
- Get paid to shop…in store: If you love shopping, but don't have any money to spend, you can now combine your search for the perfect Christmas present while getting paid to do with some mystery shopping. Sites like MarketChecker and GrassRoots enrol you as a mystery shopper and you can start testing things - from shops to restaurants or even staying at an amazing hotel. If you enjoy shopping and eating, this could be the perfect job!
- Earn cash for giving your opinion: Do you like giving your opinion and always complete surveys online? Many companies are happy to pay for your thoughts. Registering with websites like MySurvey and SwagBucks is a great way to start earning money for filling out surveys online.
- Goodbye old books: Are you hoarding old books - from university text books, to novels that you don't plan to read again? Chances are you haven't looked at them in a while. Sites like webuybooks.co.uk can also give you a pretty good price, so have a look at how much you could make.
- Check old bags and wallets: If you have any old bags at home that you haven't used in a while, do have a look - you never know what you might find!
- Do a car boot sale: If you're not opposed to getting up early on the weekend and you want to clear out your house and get rid of old clutter, then a car boot sale could be just the right thing for you. Car boot sale directory sites like carbootjunction.com show where and when local car boot sales are taking place. What better time to declutter than after the festivities in January?
Tagged in Money