The success of the Paranormal Activity franchise continues as the third film in the franchise toppled Real Steel from the top of the U.S. box office.
Paranormal Activity 3 comes four years after the first movie first hit the big screen and it proved to be as popular as ever as the film took $54 million in it's opening weekend.
In 1988, young sisters Katie and Kristi befriend an invisible entity who resides in their home.
Real Steel, which has spent the last two weeks at the top of the U.S. box office had to make way and it slipped a single place to number two.
There was also a one place drop from Footloose down at three while The Three Musketeers was a second new entry inside the top five and four.
The Ides of March, Dolphin Tale and Moneyball were all down one place this week at five, six and seven.
Johnny English may have topped the box office in the UK but the film could only manage eighth in the States as it was the third and final new entry in the top ten this week.
The Thing was this week's biggest faller as it dropped six places from three to nine. 50/50 rounded off the top ten after a three place drop.
1. (-) Paranormal Activity 3 - $54 million
2. (1) Real Steel - $11.3 million
3. (2) Footloose - $10.9 million
4. (-) The Three Musketeers - $8.8 million
5. (4) The Ides of March - $4.9 million
6. (5) Dolphin Tale - $4.5 million
7. (6) Moneyball - $4.1 million
8. (-) Johnny English - $3.8 million
9. (3) The Thing - $3.1 million
10. (7) 50/50 - $2.8 million