Save the date for November 12th, 2021, as Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel, with National Geographic and The Simpsons not only debut a plethora of amazing new content, but also highlight exclusive programming making its way to the popular platform!
The amazing streaming service, Disney+, is approaching its second anniversary. November 12th of last year (2021) saw the launch of the service; quickly after, it became an intensely popular way to watch films like Avatar (2009), and new Marvel Studios and Disney+ series such as WandaVision and the currently streaming What If...?
Disney+ Day will be a worldwide celebration that will light up across all areas of the company. Subscribers to the service will be treated to exciting new content released across the service’s iconic and well-known brands such as Marvel and Star Wars.
Fans will also have access to a unique presentation on Disney+, with sneak peeks at what is coming their way. More amazing news includes the expansion of the platform so it can engage new audiences; Disney+ will reach new Asia-Pacific markets on November 12th.
To honour the second anniversary of the streaming platform, subscribers will get access to promotions and experiences across the company. Disney Parks and Resorts around the world, as well as Disney Cruise Line, will be rolling out their blue carpet.
Fans of Disney+ will be surprised with amazing things when visiting a Part, Resort or Cruise, including photo opportunities, character moments, and so much more! Disney's online store will be hosting special offers and beloved network shows and partnership series will join the celebrations.
“The inaugural Disney+ Day will be a grand-scale celebration of our subscribers across the entire company,” said Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company, Bob Chapek.
“This day of appreciation brings to life our mission to entertain, inform, and inspire fans and families around the globe”, continues Chapek, “through the power of unparalleled storytelling, and will become an annual tentpole event to be amplified across our global businesses."
Disney+ will feature content from all associated brands, including:
- The streaming premiere of Marvel Studios largely successful feature film, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
- The adored recently released family-friendly flick Jungle Cruise will be available to all members
- New Disney+ Original film, Home Sweet Home Alone, a reimagining of the beloved holiday franchise will make its way onto the platform
- Brand-new original collection of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios titled Olaf Presents, which sees Frozen’s favourite snowman retelling some classic Disney tales in his own, adorable way
- Animated short, Ciao Alberto, from Pixar, will feature on the service, featuring characters from this year’s (2021) animated movie, Luca
- A new The Simpsons short will be available which honours Disney+’s marquee brands
- The first five episodes from season two of entertaining Nation Geographic series, The World According to Jeff Goldblum
- Two specials; one celebrating the origins and iconic legacy of Boba Fett, and the other highlighting the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+, with a thrilling look into the future
- Dopesick, an original series starring Michael Keaton, will be released onto the platform in international markets
Keep an eye out for even more exciting announcements leading up to Disney+ Day, which takes place on November 12th, 2021.
Written by Melissa, who you can follow on Twitter @melissajournal