Divergent has stormed to the top of the U.S. box office, taking $56 million in its opening weekend.
Divergent is the first of Veronica Roth's novels to be adapted for the big screen, and fans of the series have flocked to the cinema to see the first instalment.
The movie is set to send Shailene Woodley's star rocketing, as she takes on the central role of Tris Prior.
The gross of $56 million comfortably saw off the challenge from Muppets Most Wanted.
Yes, The Muppets are back with their first feature film since The Muppets back in 2012.
However, The Muppets Most Wanted had to settle for second spot on its opening weekend, as it grossed over $16.5 million; sadly, not match for Divergent.
Mr Peabody and Sherman and 300: Rise of an Empire both dropped two places this week to three and four.
God's Not Dead was the third and final, new entry on the chart this week, as it opened at number five.
Need For Speed was down three places at six, while The Grand Budapest Hotel was up one from eight to seven.
Non-Stop and The Lego Movie were down four and three places at eight and nine. But it was Tyler Perry's The Single Moms Club that was the biggest faller; down five places to round off the top ten.
1. (-) Divergent - $56,000,000
2. (-) Muppets Most Wanted - $16,514,000
3. (1) Mr Peabody and Sherman - $11,700,000
4. (2) 300: Rise of An Empire - $8,665,000
5. (-) God's Not Dead - $8,564,000
6. (3) Need For Speed - $7,781,000
7. (8) The Grand Budapest Hotel - $6,750,000
8. (4) Non-Stop - $6,346,000
9. (6) The Lego Movie - $4,115,000
10. (5) Tyler Perry's The Single Moms Club - $3,100,000
Tagged in Divergent