G.I Joe: Retaliation has toppled the Croods from the #1 spot at the American box office.
Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis were two of the big name additions to the G.I. Joe cast list and it took $41.2 million in its opening weekend.
And it was to be a comfortable victory for the action film as The Croods could only manage $26.5 million this weekend.
The Dreamworks animation film fell just a single place to number two after just one week in the top spot.
Tyler Perry’s Temptation was a second new entry inside the top three as it opened at number three taking $22.3 million.
Olympus Has Fallen dropped two places this week from two to four while Oz The Great and Powerful was also down two at five.
Oz The Great and Powerful has been one of the big successes for the early part of 2013 and has so far taken in excess of $198 million in the U.S. alone.
It was a disappointing weekend for The Host - the latest of Stephenie Meyer’s novels to be adapted for the big screen - as it could only open at number six.
The film took just $11 million in the first weekend on release after a mauling by the critics.
The Call was a three place faller as it was down at seven while Admission was also down three from five to eight.
Spring Breaks and The Incredible Burt Wonderstone round off the top ten as they also fell three places at nine and ten.
1. (-) G.I. Joe: Retaliation - $41.2 million
2. (1) The Croods - $26.5 million
3. (-) Tyler Perry’s Temptation - $22.3 million
4. (2) Olympus Has Fallen - $14 million
5. (3) Oz The Great and Powerful - $11.6 million
6. (-) The Host - $11 million
7. (4) The Call - $4.8 million
8. (5) Admission - $3.3 million
9. (6) Spring Breakers - $2.8 million
10. (7) The Incredible Burt Wonderstone - $1.3 million