To celebrate the release of their brilliant new single You Got It, as well as the stunning accompanying music video for the track, we got Charlotte Devaney and Tanya Lacey to each come up with 7 things they'd like Female First readers to know about them! Read on to find out a little bit more about the talented duo, and check out the visuals for You Got It below!
- Charlotte Devaney is an animal rights activist and vegan and launched her last single Avocado ft Rich The Kid with PETA.
- Charlotte appeared in Hollywood comedy How to Lose Friends and Alienate People alongside Simon Pegg and Megan Fox.
- Charlotte has worked with many artists on music inc Snoop Dogg, Rich The Kid, Riff Raff, Ms Banks, Lady Leshurr, Fatman Scoop, The Ragga Twins and more. Charlotte's Single Flip It with Snoop Dogg peaked at #12 on the ARIA Australian Singles Chart in 2016 and gained platinum certification.
- Charlotte is an International DJ and has traveled to many countries in her career, including Barbados, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Europe, India, Sri Lanka, Greece, Turkey, Dominican Republic, Mexico and many more!
- Charlotte started her life in the entertainment industry as a professional dancer and traveled the world dancing for various big artists and events, her dancing roots have definitely helped her to be confident and comfortable on stage as an Artist and DJ.
- Charlotte's grandmother was Labour politician Renee Short... She fought for Women's rights, abortion, anti-racism , wrote seminal books about the care of prisoners around the world, worked with Rik Mayall as political advisor on The New Statesman and even got laws changed so women could buy larger sized shoes... She was fiery, outspoken and never gave up!
- Charlotte has four dogs who she calls the Devaney Dog Squad!
- Tanya Lacey was a semi-finalist on The Voice UK 2017.
- Tanya is a songwriter and has penned hits for will.i.am, Jennifer Lopez and more.
- Tanya has been featured on several top 40 hits including Loick Essien's How We Roll, which peaked at #2 in the UK Singles Chart.
- Tanya is from Bristol, UK.
- Tanya is also a teacher and does workshops for young people, teaching them singing and songwriting.
- Tanya is half Antigan & half British!
- Tanya Toured with Bruno Mars.