Amy Macdonald first rose to fame in 2007 with her single 'This Is the life'. The single charted at number one in six different countries worldwide, and charted inside the top ten in another eleven countries worldwide.
Amy's success hasn't turned her into a stuck-up diva, in fact she's refreshingly down to earth and sweet.
'Life in a Beautiful Light' is a follow-up to singer's previous album 'A Curious Thing' released in 2010.
The album was recorded between 'State of the Ark' Studios in Richmond and Mayfield Studio on Surrey. Produced by long term collaborator and manager, Pete Wilkinson and mixed by the legendary Bob Clearmountain, 'Life in a Beautiful light' is set for release on June 11th. Check out what Miss MacDonald has to say about her new album.
Your third album 'Life in a Beautiful Light' will be released on June 11. Tell me about the concept of the album a bit.
- I really enjoyed writing and recording this album because I got to spend a whole year home and really focus. My previous album was written while I was on tour so I definitely enjoyed having time. It's always good to be home and I think me being happy while writing the album does show.
How is the upcoming album different than your previous two LPs?
- I think my fans can still tell it's my album and my songs. It's happy and upbeat. Being home was really really inspirational.
What is your favourite song of the album, something that perhaps carries a special meaning to you?
- Oh.. it changes. I like all the songs but 4th of July which is also the first song of the album is really special, it's about my love for New York City.
'Slow It Down', the first single of the album is really beautiful. Do you already know what the second single of the album will be?
- We haven't really decided yet... Many people suggest that 4th of July maybe. We'll see... Soon!
I know you have a pretty solid fanbase in the US. Are you touring and promoting the album there any time soon?
- Right now, in the nearest future I'm focusing on Europe and my European fans... But Iwill definitely make it to America too!
You have a busy summer ahead indeed, are you planning to attend any festivals youself, as a guest?
- Sure, if I have time. I'd love to see Bruce Springsteen and The Stone Roses performing to name a few.
Who are currently your favourite artists?
- Bruce Springsteen has always been one of my favourite musicians, huge inspiration and... he's just amazing. I really liked Lana del Rey's album too!
What musician/producer/singer would you like to work with in the future?
- Haha, I must go for Bruce Springsteen again! He's just amazing!
Check out Amy Macdonald's forthcoming gigs, listen to her first single of the album 'Slow it Down' and pre-order the album on http://www.amymacdonald.co.uk
FemaleFirst Grete Bambus
Tagged in Amy MacDonald