Do you feel as though mealtimes have become repetitive? Are you in dire need of a little inspiration to get the tastebuds flowing?
Chef and TV presenter- Michela Chiappa – is working with Barilla to ‘dish out’ her favourite pasta recipes. Her easy-to-use guide and tasty ingredients will see you and the kids rolling your sleeves up and getting creative in the kitchen.
How to make: Pasta Alfredo
*Serves 1 adult and 1 child*
- 100 - 200g Barilla spaghetti
- 2 cups of single cream
- 2 - 3 large handfuls of grated parmesan cheese (plus 1 handful extra for topping)
- 1 large handful of crunchy breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to season
- Grated nutmeg to season
- Splash of milk
1) Preheat your oven to 180C.
2) Mix all your ingredients (except for your breadcrumb and handful of parmesan cheese) into a large bowl.
3) Cook your pasta for half the recommended time.
4) Drain the pasta and then mix it immediately into your sauce.
5) Transfer it into an oven proof dish and top with the breadcrumbs and handful of parmesan.
6) Bake in the oven for 20-30 mins until bubbling.
You can jazz up this simple dish to create endless variations. Michela recommends:
- Leftovers from your roast – toss left over roast chicken/pork/beef into your cream sauce. Just shred the meat and mix it into the cream before you pour it over the pasta.
- Adding some healthy veg – add tinned sweetcorn or peas into the cream sauce before pouring over the pasta.
- Or pan fry some crispy bacon/lardons to add a delicious crunch.
For more information, visit: www.kidsincucina.co.uk