Bonding with your baby is an important part of their development, and taking a dip together is a great way to be close to your little one.
With the weather finally hotting up, it's a perfect opportunity for parents to get down to their nearest pool, beach or even have a splash about at home and reap the benefits of the water.
Huggies Little Swimmers are expertly designed so they don't leak or expand in the water, with special tear away sides to make changing time easier and hassle free.
Female First have teamed with Huggies Little Swimmers, the UK's number one baby swim pant, to give you five reasons to go baby swimming, and six top tips for parents!
Five reasons to go baby swimming
- Builds your baby's confidence
- A great way to start gentle exercise after giving birth
- Helps your baby's development
- It's fun and encourages a deep sleep for your little one
- Helps you stay cool in the warm weather
Top tips for parents
- Always put a swim nappy on your little one before going into the pool HUGGIES® Little Swimmers® have unique leak guards to avoid little accidents escaping as tear away sides which makes change time easier and hassle free
- Avoid swimming if you or your little one has had a tummy upset in the past 24 hours
- If you are going on holiday, it's a good idea to get your little one water-ready first - even if it's just splashing a little water over them in the bath
- Stay by your little one at all times - not only is it safe, but it also helps form a close bond
- Maintain eye contact with your little one, smile, relax and drop down to the same level - your baby will love seeing you splashing too!
- If you are new to baby swimming go during off-peak times or earlier in the morning if you are on holiday - it makes the entire experience less stressful and enjoyable
For practical advice, support videos and a step-by-step guide to baby swimming visit www.littleswimmers.co.uk
Tagged in Swimming