Ant McPartlin thinks he'll be ready to return to television screens this autumn.

Ant McPartlin

Ant McPartlin

The 42-year-old presenter pulled out of all of his work projects two months ago so that he could seek help in rehab following his drink-driving arrest in March, but it's believed he feels well rested and is adamant he'll be ready to host 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!' alongside his partner Dec Donnelly in Australia in November.

A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "He did well in rehab... He feels like it has helped. That is what he needed, but he does not need any more for the time being. I think he will be back for 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!' "

If Ant does manage to return to his work commitments later this year, it will be earlier than many expected as his friend Stephen Mulhern - who works with him on 'Britain's Got Talent' - recently said he'd be surprised he if came back before next year.

He said: "Fingers crossed, Ant will get the treatment he needs and be back to his old self for next year. But he does need the rest and to be left alone."

Fans were concerned that the creepy-crawly show would be pulled if Ant wasn't fit enough to present it as him and Dec have hosted it together for the last 12 years.

However, it's believed bosses were toying with the idea of letting Dec, 41, host it alone as he agreed to do the final two episodes of 'Saturday Night Takeaway' on his own last month - and he received rave reviews from viewers.

Ant took himself off to rehab in March - less than a year after he sought treatment for his addiction to prescription pills and alcohol - after he was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol when he crashed his car into another vehicle in London.

He appeared in court in April and pleaded guilty to the charge, resulting in him being handed a £86,000 fine and banned from driving for 20 months.