Chris Tarrant has been slammed by fans after he fled to his second home amidst the coronavirus lockdown.
The 73-year-old was hit by complaints after he revealed he left London four weeks ago to self-isolate at his residence in Berkshire despite the government's strict rules to stay in your homes to help prevent the spread of the disease.
Appearing on 'Good Morning Britain' on Monday (13.04.20), he said: "We came away from London about four weeks ago and have been locked away in deepest Berkshire for the last month.
"It's scary, It's horrible what's happening."
Fans quickly took to Twitter to slam the former 'Who Wants To Be a Millionaire' host and demanded the police fine him for breaking the rules.
One angry viewer wrote: " #GMB Chris Tarrant fled his London home for his Berkshire countryside home, with lots of nice green pastures. Berkshire police fine him now. Tarrant has lied about timings."
Another asked 'GMB' co-host Piers Morgan to confront his guest, tweeting: " @PiersMorganLive can you please ask chris tarrant why he went to berkshire 4 weeks ago and didnt stay in London. Another privileged middle class rich git. no need to feel sorry for people. stay where you live. #StayHomeSaveLives."
However, it seems Chris may not have broken any rules as he stated he moved homes "four weeks ago" before any restrictions were put in place.
It comes after TV chef Gordon Ramsay was blasted for moving his family to their second home in Cornwall during the lockdown.
Cornish locals were left furious with the 'Hell's Kitchen' star as they claimed he could of potentially spread the virus to the countryside from the city.
One resident said: "Wealthy second homers think making a few quid means they are immune from the virus and any rules. They are arrogant at this best of times, this has shown how bad some of them are."