Idris Elba's Netflix sitcom has been cancelled.
'Turn Up Charlie' - which starred the 47-year-old actor as a struggling DJ and male nanny - has been axed by the streaming service after just one series even though Idris had been working on ideas for a second season.
A source told The Sunday Mirror newspaper: "Idris had hoped to get a second season rolling and was even working on new ideas but he couldn't get it to work.
"Netflix and Idris just didn't see eye to eye on it."
The cancellation comes as a surprise as Idris previously revealed he was excited about series two.
He said: "It's very exciting. I'm involved with the script creation, which is mainly seeding stories. But again, the scripts have taken on a life of their own.
"There are characters that have their own narrative strands now. And that's good, that's healthy."
Idris co-created the eight episode series with Gary Reich and revealed he worked hard to convince Netflix he could be funny.
He previously said: "There was that conversation of, 'Oh, you wanna do comedy? That's nice. That's great. So, you're also gonna be in it?' There was a bit of excitement in the idea of having not seen it before, in a big way. They were like, 'You're saying that you can be funny? Okay, we're gonna go with this, as long as you say you can be funny.' That was really it.
"Really, the basis of it is that I wanted to do some comedy and something light-hearted, and I wanted to do something that wasn't far-fetched and was close to me. Not that I have a hilarious life, but I just find a comedic side to some of the stuff that I've done. That's how it came about. DJ-ing was an obvious place to start, but then it became more. It became about parenting and friendships and relationships, and just ambition management, and I'm proud of where it's ended up."
Tagged in Idris Elba