Paul O'Grady reportedly turned down 'The Nightly Show'.
The 61-year-old TV star was asked to present the show for five nights but told ITV bosses he could not take part.
A source told The Sun: "Paul was approached at the end of last year but he wasn't able to do it."
The show, which has a different host every week during its eight-week run - has been hit with low ratings and slammed by critics and viewers.
Meanwhile, Paul will be keeping busy as he was recently announced as new host of 'Blind Date'.
The star will take over the role of matchmaker from his late friend Cilla Black, who fronted the show for 18 years, when the popular dating show returns to screens later this year, following a revamp, on its new home Channel 5.
In an official statement issued by Channel 5, Paul said: "'Blind Date' is an incredibly special family show which brought laughter, tears and joy to TV viewers throughout out the land. I am honoured to present the brand new series and after speaking to Channel 5, I know the series is in safe hands. I can't wait to see if we can find love."
The classic game show was fronted by Cilla for almost two decades from 1985 until 2003 and, although a reboot has been in the pipeline for some time, she tragically passed away in 2015 following a fatal fall at her Spanish home.
Bosses are keen to keep some of the "traditional" elements of the previous run but have decided to give it an updated twist to appeal to a "new generation of viewers".
It's expected to run on Friday nights - rather than its traditional Saturday night slot - and will consist of six to eight episodes per series for the first few installments.
The programme sees three singletons grilled by a member of the opposite sex in order to find the perfect match without being able to see them. The new couple then pick an envelope with their holiday destination - abroad or in the UK - inside and will spend the next week trying to get to know one another.