150g spelt flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
Juice and zest of 1/2 orange
240ml soya (or other plant-based) milk
1/3 cup pumpkin purée
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp all-spice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tbsp melted Vita Coco Coconut Oil
- Place the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, spices and orange zest in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk the soya milk, pumpkin purée, maple syrup and orange juice together until smooth.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, pour in the wet mixture and whisk.
- Heat a frying pan and melt the Vita Coco Coconut Oil before pouring into the pancake batter. Whisk to combine and set aside for a minute or two.
- Return the pan to the stove, brush with a little more Vita Coco Coconut Oil and bring to a medium-high heat. Using a 1/4-sized measuring cup (or an ice-cream scoop) ladle in the pumpkin batter, cooking one at a time for best results.
- Cook for around 4-5 minutes or until bubbles begin to appear on top and the sides look dry before flipping.
- Cook for a further minute or so before transferring to a plate.
- Cover with a clean tea towel to keep them warm. Repeat until all the mixture is used up … you should get approximately 10-12 pancakes out of the batter mix.