Cooking time: 2-3 hours (low)
- 40g roughly chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp trail mix (seeds and nuts of your choice)
- 2 ½ tbsp soft brown sugar
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 dried cinnamon sticks
- 4 medium sized apples
- 300g soft brown sugar
- 180ml traditional apple cider
- 1 tub dairy free ice cream
To serve – 2 scoops of Cornish ice cream
- Combine the walnuts, trail mix and 2½ tbsp of soft brown sugar in a small bowl and add ½ tsp of cinnamon.
- Slice the base of the apples to create a level surface and then peel the top third of each apple and core.
- Place the apples in the Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker pot and spoon the walnut mixture into the cavity of each apple. Place a stick of cinnamon on top of each apple.
- Combine the remaining cinnamon, 130g soft brown sugar and apple cider in a small bowl. Pour over the apples and cover.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the apples with a slotted spoon. Spoon ¼ cup of the cooking liquid over each serving.
- Serve with a scoop or 2 of dairy free ice cream to balance the flavours.