Preparation time: 10 minutes (plus pressing time and marinating time)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 packs extra firm tofu approx. 396g each
- Oil e.g. veg, sunflower, rapeseed
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Sweet Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, grated or crushed
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp Lee Kum Kee Sweet Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic Sauce
Cucumber, mint, soft buns and salad leaves
- Cut the tofu into 1cm slices. Lay a clean tea towel on a board, place the tofu on top then cover with another clean tea towl. Place a second board on top with a weight e.g. cans, and leave for 1 hour. Alternatively use 3-4 pieces of paper towel.
- In a shallow dish mix all the marinade ingredients together, add the tofu, turn to coat both sides then allow to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight if preferred.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle pan and take the tofu out of the marinade and brush each side with a little oil. Place the tofu on the hot grill and cook for 2 minutes before turning. Cook on the other side for 2 minutes.
- Mix the glaze then brush onto the tofu slices before serving. Arrange slices of cucumber and mint leaves on the soft buns, adding the tofu and topping with salad leaves.