4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1 tbsp tomato purée
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1 tsp dried basil
Large handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
1 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ lemon juiced
40g CO YO Natural Coconut Milk Yoghurt
2 tsp coconut oil
400g gluten-free spaghetti
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
8 basil leaves, torn
1) Heat some coconut oil in a pan, then add the garlic and fry on a low to medium heat until golden.
2) Add in the tomato puree, tomatoes, coconut sugar and dried basil, then season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook for 15-20 minutes until reduced, stirring occasionally.
3) Stir through the lemon juice, CO YO, fresh basil leaves and heat through on a low heat.
4) In the meantime, cook your pasta according to packet instructions. Drain once cooked and rinse through, leaving two tablespoons of the pasta water to the side.
5) Place the pasta back in the pan, then stir through the tomato sauce and the reserved pasta water.
6) Serve with nutritional yeast, cracked black pepper and basil leaves.