For 4 servings
Prep and cook time: 1 h 10 min
Cannot be frozen
185 g | 6 1/2 oz | 1 cup red quinoa, rinsed and drained
500 ml | 18 fl oz | 2 cups water
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 green pepper, halved and seeded
1 orange pepper, halved and seeded
1 red pepper, halved and seeded
1 spring onion, finely sliced on the bias
1 tbsp pine nuts
Freshly ground black pepper
Method:1. Place the quinoa in a heavy-based saucepan and cook over a medium heat, stirring, until dried out and lightly toasted.
2. Cover with the water and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and cook over a low heat until tender to the bite, about 20 minutes.
3. Remove the quinoa from the heat when ready. Set aside to cool, still covered, for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) | 350F | gas 4.
4. Fluff the quinoa with a fork before stirring in the olive oil, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spoon into the pepper halves and arrange them in a baking dish or cast-iron griddle pan.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the peppers are tender to the point of a knife. Remove from the oven and leave to cool briefly.
7. Garnish with slices of spring onion and pine nuts.
Candida Diet Foods is an online service, shop and diet plan designed to help you lead a healthier lifestyle by carefully selecting products for you that will eradicate conditions such as persistent thrush, fatigue, headaches and digestive irritability, caused by an overgrowth of candida. With the help of Candida Diet Foods you can restore your gut flora balance and learn how to eat your way to a healthier you. (www.candidadietfoods.co.uk)