Serves 2 (vegan, dairy free, gluten free)
4 tablespoons of cocoa or cacao powder
250ml of Paleo Foods Co 9% Almond Drink
2 tablespoons of date nectar (or coconut sugar, maple syrup)
½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of vanilla bean powder
¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1 small pinch of clove
1 small pinch of ground chilli or cayenne pepper (optional)
½ teaspoon of grated nutmeg
Cocoa powder for dusting
- In a medium pot over a low heat, whisk together almond milk, cocoa powder and date nectar.
- Then add the spice mix of cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, clove and chilli (optional). Bring to a low simmer.
- Add a small amount of water as desired if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Taste and adjust sweetness as needed, adding more date nectar for increased sweetness or chilli for added kick!
- Divide between 2 mugs and dust with grated nutmeg and a sprinkling of cocoa powder
- Enjoy right away!