- 3 large carrots, cut in half lengthways
- 2 medium parsnips, quartered lengthways
- 2 red onions, cut into quarters
- 2 medium beetroot, peeled and cut into quarters
- Half a butternut squash, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Handful purple sprouting broccoli
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Large handful cavolo nero, shredded
- 300g hummus
- 250g cooked red and wild rice, or spelt or quinoa or a mixture
- 150g cooked chick peas
- Two large handfuls of salad leaves
- Pomegranate seeds
- Crunchy seeds to sprinkle over
French Mustard Dressing
- 3 tbsp good olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tsp Djon mustard
- 1tsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 180°c. Place the carrots, parsnips, onions, beetroot, squash, broccoli, garlic and herbs in a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir to make sure all the veg have oil on them. Place the tray in the oven for 40 minutes or until all the veg is cooked through. When cooked, set the vegetables aside. Steam or stir fry the cavolo nero until just wilted. Take off the heat.
Make the dressing by putting all the ingredients in a jar. Put the lid on and shake until combined.
Spread the hummus on to a large platter. Discard the rosemary and thyme and gently stir the vegetables into the cavolo nero and rice mix. Add the chick peas. Add half the dressing and stir this through too. Layer all on to the hummus. Drizzle the remaining dressing across the top. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds, add a final sprinkle of salt and pepper, and serve.
Bill's have launched a new autumn menu today, which features the allotment salad amongst other seasonal dishes. Available at all Bill's Restaurants nationwide.