MAKES ONE EIGHT INCH CAKE
TIME - 15 - 20 MINUTES PREP - FREEZE FOR FIVE HOURS
FOR THE BASE:
250g ground hazelnuts
10 Medjool dates, pitted
3 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp raisins
1 tsp vanilla paste
FOR THE FILLING:
1 pot Nush cashew milk or almond milk yoghurt
250g cashews, soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes and drained
120g coconut oil, melted
100g ground hazelnuts
5 tbsp maple syrup (or more, to taste)
6 tbsp cacao (or more, to taste)
70-100ml hazelnut milk1.5 tsp vanilla paste
- To make the base, blend together all ingredients until the mixture starts to clump together. Press into the base of an 8-inch springform cake tin and allow to firm up in the freezer to firm for 20 minutes.
- To make the filling, blend the ingredients together in a high powered blender until completely smooth and creamy adding a splash more milk if needed.
- Spoon filling over the set base and place back in the freezer overnight.
- Remove from the cake tin 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Serve with grated raw chocolate and top with homemade energy balls if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Nush.