Who says vegans can't have gorgeous and tasty treats? Here's an incredible recipe to make some sticky vegan prune brownies!
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 150g Nature’s Finest prunes, drained and dried
- 250g pitted dates
- 220g boiling water
- 140g coconut oil
- 70g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds and 6 tablespoons cold water
- 70g gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Flakey sea salt, to finish
Method (Prep: 30 mins, cooking time: 20-30 mins)
- Heat the oven to 160°C /140°C fan. Line a 20cm x 25cm baking dish with baking parchment.
- If making the brownies to the vegan recipe, place the ground flax seed in a small bowl with the water, and whisk quickly to combine. Place in the fridge and leave to emulsify for 15 minutes.
- Place the dates in a saucepan, then pour over the hot water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes, then blend into a puree.
- Add the coconut oil and cocoa powder to the pan with the date puree, then place over a low heat. Heat until the coconut oil has melted, then remove from the heat.
- Add the eggs OR the flax seed mixture and whisk to combine. Add the flour and fine sea salt, and fold through.
- Finally, roughly chop the Nature’s Finest prunes then stir through the batter.
- Pour into the prepared tin. Sprinkle with a little flakey sea salt.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. The brownies are ready when the surface is set and has a matt quality.
- Allow the brownies to cool to room temperature, then place in the fridge to chill for an hour before slicing. This will allow you to get clean, crisp edges when you slice them. Cut into 12 bars, or 24 for bitesize pieces.
Recipe created by Lucy Burton aka Pudding Lane Blog on behalf of Nature’s Finest.
Tagged in Vegan