These delicious waffles created by Nourishing Amelia are totally vegan and gluten free. We like ours topped with strawberries and raspberries but they are scrumptious whatever topping you choose!
INGREDIENTS (MAKES 2 LARGE WAFFLES)
2 Twinings Strawberry & Raspberry tea bags
200ml Hot Water
75g Buckwheat flour
25g Oats Flour
1 Ripe Banana
2tbsp chia seeds
1tsp Vanilla Extract
3tbsp Maple Syrup
3tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
½ tsp Baking Powder
- Brew the Strawberry & Raspberry tea bags in the hot water for 10 minutes.
- Combine the chia seeds with 6 tbsp water and leave to form a gel-like consistency. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add the buckwheat flour, oat flour and baking powder to a bowl.
- Mash the ripe banana and add this to the bowl of dry ingredients, as well as the now thickened chia seed mixture, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Remove the tea bags from the water and slowly pour this in to the mixing bowl with the other ingredients. Mix well.
- Make sure your waffle maker is hot and ready to use, then brush both waffle plates with a little coconut oil - this makes the outside of the waffles perfectly crisp and prevents sticking!
- Pour in about half the waffle batter and cook on a medium heat for approximately 5 minutes (depending on the size of the waffle and your machine). Remove the waffle carefully from the machine, and repeat with the rest of the batter. This recipe makes 2 large waffles.
- Top with fresh strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate seeds and maple syrup. Enjoy with a cup of Twinings Strawberry & Raspberry infusion or Twinings English Breakfast Tea.
The recipe was created by Nourishing Amelia for Twinings