Zooey Deschanel and Ben Gibbard would have celebrated their eighth wedding anniversary today so we take a look back over their time as a couple.
1. The New Girl actress and musician were introduced by their mutual music manager; (Deschanel fronts the band She and Him).
2. Deschanel got engaged to musician Gibbard (Death Cab for Cutie and The Postal Service) in December 2008.
3. The pair married on September 19th 2009 near Seattle, Washington.
4. It was reported that when Ben first met Zooey, he was shocked that she even spoke to him because he thought she was too beautiful. (The Daily Mail)
5. Unfortunately the couple announced that they were separating on November 1st 2011.
6. Their divorce was finalised on December 12th 2012, citing 'irreconcilable differences' after just two months of separation.
7. According to an interview with www.billboard.com- some tracks on his album Kintsugi are inspired by Deschanel. He wouldnt say which ones but he did tell the interviewer; 'it's fairly obvious'.
Source: Wikipedia and IMDB.