Clooney and Alamuddin celebrate their third wedding anniversary today so we join them by looking back over their time as a couple.
1. Clooney got engaged to British-Lebanese human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin on 28th April 2014. It was confirmed by a representative at Alamuddin's chambers at Doughty Street.
2. In July 2014, George Clooney publicly criticised the British tabloid newspaper the Daily Mail after it claimed his fiancée's mother opposed their marriage due to religious grounds. When the tabloid apologised for its false story, he didn't accept the apology. He called the paper "the worst kind of tabloid. One that makes up its facts to the detriment of its readers." (Wikipedia)
3. On 7th August 2014, the couple acquired their marriage licenses at the Royal Borough if Kensington and Chelsea of the UK.
4. They were married officially on the 27th September 2014 at Ca' Farsetti by their friend Waler Veltroni and former mayor of Rome.
5. Alamuddin's wedding dress was designed by Oscar de la Renta.
6. In October 2014, it was reported that the couple had bought the Mill House on an island in the River Thames at Sonning Eye in England, which was estimated at around 10 million.
7. In 2015, the pair adopted a dog, a basset hound called Millie from the San Gabriel Valley Humane Society.
8. When asked about his marriage, Clooney said; ' At 52 I found the love of my life, I've never been happier in a relationship by any stretch of the imagination. Oftentimes, I feel like an idiot talking to my own wife.'
'I have someone who I can talk to about anything and someone who I care more about than I've cared about anybody, so it's really nice. (IMDB)
9. On February 9, 2017, it was reported by the CBS talk show, The Talk, that Amal was pregnant, and that the couple were expecting twins
10. On June 6, 2017, Amal gave birth to a daughter, Ella, and a son, Alexander.
Happy Wedding Anniversay Amal and George!
Source: Wikipedia and IMDB.