Leslie Mann and Judd Apatow celebrate their 21st wedding anniversary today so we reflect on their time together as a couple with some things you might not know.
1. Mann met Apatow in 1996 during the auditions for The Cable Guy. Apatow read through the lines with the actresses who were auditioning for the part as a stand in for Jim Carrey. The story goes that after Mann left her audition for the role, Apatow turned to his colleagues and said "there goes the future Mrs. Apatow". (IMDB)
2. They wed on the 9th June 1997, a year later in Los Angeles.
3. The pair now have two daughters together Iris and Maude who both starred in the films Freaks and Geeks and Drillbit Taylor. They also appeared in Knocked Up, Funny People and This is 40 with Mann who played their on-screen mother.
4. When asked about working in the same profession as her husband, Mann once said; 'I like being married to someone who does what I do, and we can talk for hours about all of this stuff that I struggle with and all this stuff that he struggles with because we're struggling with the same things. If I was married to a banker, I don't know what we'd talk about.' (IMDB)
5. The family now live in the Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles together.6. Mann and Apatow are both longtime supporters of the non-profit organization 826LA, which helps to encourage and develop the writing skills of disadvantaged youth.
7. When asked about relationships, Mann said: 'When I see people who are supposed to have been married twenty years, who hold hands and kiss, and every kiss is hot, and they're having magical sex every day, I'm like, "Screw you! Don't make me feel bad about myself!" Maybe I'm wrong, maybe people do have that. But I don't believe it.' (IMDB)8. The couple are also involved with the UCLA Rape Treatment Center's Stuart House, which offers support for sexually abused children and their families.
9. Mann apparently prefers her name to be pronounced "Less-lee", not "Lez-lee", despite having allowed her husband Judd Apatow to say "Lez-lee" for over 18 years.
10. When Mann was asked to comment on being directed by her husband, she said: 'He's really fun. He was a stand-up comedian for a lot of years, so he has a lot of that skill, and it's very loose and free. It's not traditional, kind of memorize your lines and the director says "action" and then you do the scene, and then he says "cut" and makes adjustments, and you go on until he's happy. With Judd, he says "action," you read the scene, and then he re-writes it as we're rolling, so he yells out a lot of different lines or different directions to take the scene in. It's really fun. It really keeps you on your toes.' (IMDB)
Happy Wedding Anniversary Leslie and Judd!
Source: Wikipedia and IMDB.