Visit the stunning South-East for a honeymoon to remember.
Traditionally known as ‘The Garden of England’ for its abundance of orchards and countryside across the county, Kent offers an array of stunning landscapes to discover. What’s more, with lots of attractions such as the iconic white cliffs of Dover and the infamous Canterbury Tales, couples will be spoilt for choice when it comes to deciding where to visit. Whether you prefer to explore the stunning coastline, or discover the history of England’s largest castle, the south-east coast provides the best of both worlds.
Here are just 10 reasons why Kent is the ideal honeymoon destination for newlyweds:
- Known as an icon of Britain, and named as one of the best British sights in research* by cottages.com, the White Cliffs of Dover are one of the most famous sights of the region.
- With Chartwell House calling the county home, pay a visit and delve into Winston Churchill’s former abode and discover photographs and mementoes of the past Prime Minister.
- As the largest castle in England, explore the medieval Dover Castle and discover its defensive significance throughout history.
- Visit Canterbury Cathedral and discover Chaucer’s inspiration behind his infamous Canterbury Tales. A trip to Kent wouldn’t be complete without it.
- Surrounded by 50 acres of landscaped parkland and lakes, Bluewater Shopping Centre offers the ultimate leisure experience for visitors to enjoy and indulge in.
- Home to the largest breeding herd of African elephants, Howletts Wild Animal Park allows you to discover an array of stunning animals.
- Follow in the footsteps of Captain Jack Sparrow with a visit to Knole House and see one of the landscapes featured on screen in Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides.
- Littered with numerous vineyards, enjoy the taste of fine wines nestled in the south-east countryside.
- Discover the sights of the South-East coast with a stroll along the North Downs Way.
- With so many properties featured in its Romantic Collection, honeymooners will be spoilt for choice when booking with cottages.com!
For more information and to book the perfect honeymoon, visit www.cottages.com or call 0345 498 6900.
Tagged in Honeymoon